Long Island News
Long Island grandmother charged with DWI
WYANDANCH, L.I. (WABC) -- A Long Island grandmother has been arrested on charges of driving while intoxicated with two children in the car.
Police arrested 64-year old Mary Kimbrough Friday night in Commack.
An officer heard a loud noise coming from her vehicle, stopped the car and noticed that her left front tire was missing.
The car had been riding on the metal rim.
Police say Kimbrough was driving while intoxicated, and was placed under arrest.
Two children, ages 9 and 11, were with her in the car.
Police say they were upset and frightened, and were using a cell phone to call relatives for assistance prior to the vehicle being stopped.
Kimbrough was charged with one count of Endangering the Welfare of a Child, Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated; With a Child Passenger 15 Years Old or Younger (Leandra's Law) and one count of Driving While Intoxicated.
Kimbrough had also been convicted in 2009 for driving while intoxicated
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, suffolk county, drunk driving, dwi with child, long island news
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 23 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
23 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos