Long Island News
Long Island grandmother charged with DWI
WYANDANCH, L.I. (WABC) -- A Long Island grandmother has been arrested on charges of driving while intoxicated with two children in the car.
Police arrested 64-year old Mary Kimbrough Friday night in Commack.
An officer heard a loud noise coming from her vehicle, stopped the car and noticed that her left front tire was missing.
The car had been riding on the metal rim.
Police say Kimbrough was driving while intoxicated, and was placed under arrest.
Two children, ages 9 and 11, were with her in the car.
Police say they were upset and frightened, and were using a cell phone to call relatives for assistance prior to the vehicle being stopped.
Kimbrough was charged with one count of Endangering the Welfare of a Child, Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated; With a Child Passenger 15 Years Old or Younger (Leandra's Law) and one count of Driving While Intoxicated.
Kimbrough had also been convicted in 2009 for driving while intoxicated
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, suffolk county, drunk driving, dwi with child, long island news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea 15 min ago
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 7 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
7 min ago