Long Island News
Long Island grandmother charged with DWI
WYANDANCH, L.I. (WABC) -- A Long Island grandmother has been arrested on charges of driving while intoxicated with two children in the car.
Police arrested 64-year old Mary Kimbrough Friday night in Commack.
An officer heard a loud noise coming from her vehicle, stopped the car and noticed that her left front tire was missing.
The car had been riding on the metal rim.
Police say Kimbrough was driving while intoxicated, and was placed under arrest.
Two children, ages 9 and 11, were with her in the car.
Police say they were upset and frightened, and were using a cell phone to call relatives for assistance prior to the vehicle being stopped.
Kimbrough was charged with one count of Endangering the Welfare of a Child, Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated; With a Child Passenger 15 Years Old or Younger (Leandra's Law) and one count of Driving While Intoxicated.
Kimbrough had also been convicted in 2009 for driving while intoxicated
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, suffolk county, drunk driving, dwi with child, long island news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas station
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn.
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos