Long Island News
Dramatic video of bank robbery in Westbury
WESTBURY, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are looking for a bold and brazen bank robber who was caught on camera.
The man walked into the Bank of America on Post Avenue in Westbury Friday afternoon.
He then jumped over the counter, gun in hand, demanded money, and claimed he had a bomb.
The teller handed over an undisclosed amount of cash and he took off.
No one inside the bank was hurt.
Detectives ask anyone with information regarding this crime to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, westbury, bank robbery, long island news
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday 11 min ago
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Christie appointee resigns amid probe 42 min ago
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- NY lawmakers to announce legislation preventing bridge tolls
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing 47 min ago
- Budget bill heads to the Senate
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
11 min ago