Long Island News
Burglary suspect nabbed on Lindenhurst roof
LINDENHURST (WABC) -- A homeless man wanted in a string of burglaries over a six-day period on Long Island is under arrest.
Authorities say Andrew van Bourgondien was caught by police during an attempted burglary of a soccer academy in Lindenhurst.
Investigators say the 22-year-old van Bourgondien first tried breaking into the FVSA Socccer Academy around 7:30 p.m., but was scared off by a security alarm.
He then allegedly broke into a nearby home but fled after he was confronted by the homeowner.
He then returned to the soccer academy, where officers responding to the home burglary found him on the roof around 8:40 p.m.
He is charged with seven counts of burglary.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, lindenhurst, burglary, long island news
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement 10 min ago
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half 24 min ago
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown 30 min ago
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
10 min ago
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after...
30 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos