Long Island News
Burglary suspect nabbed on Lindenhurst roof
LINDENHURST (WABC) -- A homeless man wanted in a string of burglaries over a six-day period on Long Island is under arrest.
Authorities say Andrew van Bourgondien was caught by police during an attempted burglary of a soccer academy in Lindenhurst.
Investigators say the 22-year-old van Bourgondien first tried breaking into the FVSA Socccer Academy around 7:30 p.m., but was scared off by a security alarm.
He then allegedly broke into a nearby home but fled after he was confronted by the homeowner.
He then returned to the soccer academy, where officers responding to the home burglary found him on the roof around 8:40 p.m.
He is charged with seven counts of burglary.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, lindenhurst, burglary, long island news
- 2 elderly residents hurt in Queens home invasion 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 26 min ago
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 27 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 54 min ago
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
27 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos