Long Island News
Burglary suspect nabbed on Lindenhurst roof
LINDENHURST (WABC) -- A homeless man wanted in a string of burglaries over a six-day period on Long Island is under arrest.
Authorities say Andrew van Bourgondien was caught by police during an attempted burglary of a soccer academy in Lindenhurst.
Investigators say the 22-year-old van Bourgondien first tried breaking into the FVSA Socccer Academy around 7:30 p.m., but was scared off by a security alarm.
He then allegedly broke into a nearby home but fled after he was confronted by the homeowner.
He then returned to the soccer academy, where officers responding to the home burglary found him on the roof around 8:40 p.m.
He is charged with seven counts of burglary.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, lindenhurst, burglary, long island news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Freight train, truck collide in West Nyack
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners
- Photos: Robinson Cano through the years
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos