Long Island News
12 arrested in DWI checkpoint on Long Island
PORT JEFFERSON (WABC) -- A dozen people were arrested Friday night at a sobriety checkpoint on Long Island.
The checkpoint was set up in Port Jefferson specifically for Labor Day Weekend.
More than 1,000 vehicles went through the checkpoint.
11 people are being charged with driving while intoxicated.
One person was arrested for driving while ability impaired by drugs, and is being charged with marijuana possession.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, port jefferson, drunk driving, dwi, long island news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76 38 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 41 min ago
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos