Long Island News
3 charged in frightening Massapequa home invasion
MASSAPEQUA (WABC) -- Three Long Island men are charged with robbing a house with the homeowner inside at the time.
Police say 22-year-old Herman Monroe, 25-year-old Dashawn Combs and 24-year-old Louis Hines walked inside the Massapequa home through a door that was unlocked.
The, investigators say they tied up the 22-year-old homeowner, hit him in the head, robbed the home and stole the victim's car.
The suspects reportedly made off with two TVs, cash, jewelry and two iPhones.
Police took one of the suspects into custody on Miller Avenue in Amityville, and the investigation led to the other two.
The car was recovered, but the other items were not found.
The suspects are charged with robbery, burglary and unlawful imprisonment.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, massapequa, home invasion, burglary, robbery, long island news
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside 54 min ago
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos