Long Island News
3 charged in frightening Massapequa home invasion
MASSAPEQUA (WABC) -- Three Long Island men are charged with robbing a house with the homeowner inside at the time.
Police say 22-year-old Herman Monroe, 25-year-old Dashawn Combs and 24-year-old Louis Hines walked inside the Massapequa home through a door that was unlocked.
The, investigators say they tied up the 22-year-old homeowner, hit him in the head, robbed the home and stole the victim's car.
The suspects reportedly made off with two TVs, cash, jewelry and two iPhones.
Police took one of the suspects into custody on Miller Avenue in Amityville, and the investigation led to the other two.
The car was recovered, but the other items were not found.
The suspects are charged with robbery, burglary and unlawful imprisonment.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, massapequa, home invasion, burglary, robbery, long island news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City 25 min ago
- NYPD detective accused of hacking, spying on associates
- Metro North New Haven Line partially restored 1 min ago
- Super Bowl 50 goes to San Francisco 36 min ago
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One 32 min ago
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Photos: Most Wanted: Yonkers Police Department
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
54 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos