Long Island News
3 charged in frightening Massapequa home invasion
MASSAPEQUA (WABC) -- Three Long Island men are charged with robbing a house with the homeowner inside at the time.
Police say 22-year-old Herman Monroe, 25-year-old Dashawn Combs and 24-year-old Louis Hines walked inside the Massapequa home through a door that was unlocked.
The, investigators say they tied up the 22-year-old homeowner, hit him in the head, robbed the home and stole the victim's car.
The suspects reportedly made off with two TVs, cash, jewelry and two iPhones.
Police took one of the suspects into custody on Miller Avenue in Amityville, and the investigation led to the other two.
The car was recovered, but the other items were not found.
The suspects are charged with robbery, burglary and unlawful imprisonment.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, massapequa, home invasion, burglary, robbery, long island news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park