Long Island News
Body found on jogging path in Hempstead park
HEMPSTEAD (WABC) -- A body was found early Saturday morning in a park on Long Island.
The man was discovered off of a jogging path in Kennedy Memorial Park in Hempstead around 1 a.m.
This comes on the same day that the mayor of the Village of Hempstead had planned a "Stop the Violence" rally to encourage people to report crime in their community.
The rally will be held at the Hempstead Village Hall at noon.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, hempstead, nassau county, body found, long island news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83