Long Island News
Cops: Man leaves daughter in car, steals clothes
MASSAPEQUA (WABC) -- A Queens man is accused of leaving his young daughter in the car while he went to a store on Long Island to steal clothes.
Police say Eric Midyett is facing resisting arrest, endangering a child and other charges.
He allegedly left his 9-year-old daughter in the car when he went into the Burlington Coat Factory in Massapequa and tried to steal the clothes. But police say he set off the alarm when leaving and ran.
Cops caught up with him nearby, and he reportedly broke an officer's toe while trying to avoid being handcuffed.
The girl was released to her grandmother.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, new york city, queens, massapequa, theft, long island news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role 45 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014