Long Island News
Cops: Man leaves daughter in car, steals clothes
MASSAPEQUA (WABC) -- A Queens man is accused of leaving his young daughter in the car while he went to a store on Long Island to steal clothes.
Police say Eric Midyett is facing resisting arrest, endangering a child and other charges.
He allegedly left his 9-year-old daughter in the car when he went into the Burlington Coat Factory in Massapequa and tried to steal the clothes. But police say he set off the alarm when leaving and ran.
Cops caught up with him nearby, and he reportedly broke an officer's toe while trying to avoid being handcuffed.
The girl was released to her grandmother.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, new york city, queens, massapequa, theft, long island news
- 3 critical after fire tears through Brooklyn home 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt 53 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique 42 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated 47 min ago
- MTA launches new apps for LIRR, Metro-North riders 36 min ago
- New York Army cadet accused of emailing child porn 55 min ago
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident