Long Island News
Missing Long Island teen found in the Bronx
FARMINGVILLE (WABC) -- A 15-year-old girl from Long Island who had been missing since Sunday, has been found in the Bronx.
"Thank you so much, thank you," said Christina Papik, the teen's mother.
There are no words to describe her relief, after four days of searching for her 15-year-old daughter Alisa Papik of Farmingville; Eyewitness News was there when Alisa's mother got the phone call from Suffolk County Police at 4:30 p.m. Thursday.
"They found her in the Bronx, she's OK,' Cristina Papik said.
Her mother told Eyewitness News that Alisa, known as A.J., is a 9th grader at Sachem East High School, but she was having a hard time there.
Only her younger sister knew, A.J. had gone onto a website called MeetMe.com.
"She just said she was meeting new people, new friends, because no one was really like, friends with her at school," said D'Anna Papik, Alisa's sister.
Then, in the wee hours of Sunday morning, after A.J. said goodnight, her family saw a cab pull away and she was gone.
"Please do not allow your child on the internet, do not allow it. (You're positive that's what led up to it?) Yes, I'm a hundred percent positive," Cristina Papik said.
Still, cops aren't sure of anything right now.
Her mother hasn't been allowed to speak with her daughter as of yet.
Police are still questioning the teen about what led up to this, but her family and friends are counting their blessings.
"I'm feeling very relieved," Papik said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, farmingville, missing person, long island news, stacey sager
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 28 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 18 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos