Long Island News
Alleged child molester from Hempstead due in court
Riverhead -- A Long Island man accused of molesting a 13-year-old boy is scheduled to appear in court.
The Suffolk County District Attorney's office says David Boutin of West Hempstead will be arraigned Friday on a grand jury indictment charging him with two counts of criminal sexual act.
Authorities say they were searching for a stolen motorbike on Aug. 17 when they discovered the 42-year-old suspect with the teenager in the backseat of Boutin's car on a remote road in the Wading River/Shoreham area.
District Attorney Thomas Spota says Boutin first contacted the teen through Craigslist in April.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, sex abuse, suffolk county, long island news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 44 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area 55 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos