Long Island News
Alleged child molester from Hempstead due in court
Riverhead -- A Long Island man accused of molesting a 13-year-old boy is scheduled to appear in court.
The Suffolk County District Attorney's office says David Boutin of West Hempstead will be arraigned Friday on a grand jury indictment charging him with two counts of criminal sexual act.
Authorities say they were searching for a stolen motorbike on Aug. 17 when they discovered the 42-year-old suspect with the teenager in the backseat of Boutin's car on a remote road in the Wading River/Shoreham area.
District Attorney Thomas Spota says Boutin first contacted the teen through Craigslist in April.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, sex abuse, suffolk county, long island news
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 25 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87 13 min ago
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog 21 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay 20 min ago
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
25 min ago