Long Island News
Alleged child molester from Hempstead due in court
Riverhead -- A Long Island man accused of molesting a 13-year-old boy is scheduled to appear in court.
The Suffolk County District Attorney's office says David Boutin of West Hempstead will be arraigned Friday on a grand jury indictment charging him with two counts of criminal sexual act.
Authorities say they were searching for a stolen motorbike on Aug. 17 when they discovered the 42-year-old suspect with the teenager in the backseat of Boutin's car on a remote road in the Wading River/Shoreham area.
District Attorney Thomas Spota says Boutin first contacted the teen through Craigslist in April.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, sex abuse, suffolk county, long island news
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds 20 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Arrest made in Charles Butler case 2 min ago
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire
- Residents protest bike sharing program
- Bruins eliminate Rangers with 3-1 win in Game 5 10 min ago
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- Protesters across globe rally against Monsanto 30 min ago
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Kickoff to a Long Island Summer photos
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
20 min ago