Long Island News
Rockaway Turnpike motorcycle crash kills man
MINEOLA -- Police say a 35-year-old man died in a motorcycle crash in Meadowmere, a small neighborhood in the southeastern corner of Queens.
Nassau County police say the man was traveling south on the Rockaway Turnpike on Friday night when a 72-year-old man heading north in a minivan made a left turn, cutting across the victim's path of travel. The motorcycle struck the minivan, throwing the rider off the bike.
Police say the man suffered severe head trauma. He was pronounced dead at a hospital.
His identity hasn't been released.
Police checked the minivan's brakes before returning it to the owner. The victim's motorcycle was impounded for safety checks.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, mineola, nassau county, accident, long island news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Water line floods three Midtown building basements 4 min ago
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on 6 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 20 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together
- Water line floods three Midtown building...
4 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos