Long Island News
Rockaway Turnpike motorcycle crash kills man
MINEOLA -- Police say a 35-year-old man died in a motorcycle crash in Meadowmere, a small neighborhood in the southeastern corner of Queens.
Nassau County police say the man was traveling south on the Rockaway Turnpike on Friday night when a 72-year-old man heading north in a minivan made a left turn, cutting across the victim's path of travel. The motorcycle struck the minivan, throwing the rider off the bike.
Police say the man suffered severe head trauma. He was pronounced dead at a hospital.
His identity hasn't been released.
Police checked the minivan's brakes before returning it to the owner. The victim's motorcycle was impounded for safety checks.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, mineola, nassau county, accident, long island news
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos