Long Island News
Man accused of leaving 2-year old alone in parking lot
MASSAPEQUA, L.I. -- Authorities say a Long Island man who had taken prescription medication left his 2-year-old daughter in the parking lot of a shopping center for more than an hour.
An off-duty New York City police officer saw the child alone around 10:20 a.m. Saturday in the parking lot of Carmans Plaza on Carmans Road in Massapequa.
Police said the child's 37-year-old father came back to the scene and couldn't remember where he had left the girl.
Authorities said he was observed in a delusional state, and had an accelerated heart rate.
He was admitted to the hospital, and is facing a charge of endangering the welfare of a child.
The girl was evaluated at the hospital and released to her mother.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, massapequa, child endangerment, long island news
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind 8 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 57 min ago
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 58 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 19 min ago
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 6 min ago
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
8 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos