Long Island News
Man accused of leaving 2-year old alone in parking lot
MASSAPEQUA, L.I. -- Authorities say a Long Island man who had taken prescription medication left his 2-year-old daughter in the parking lot of a shopping center for more than an hour.
An off-duty New York City police officer saw the child alone around 10:20 a.m. Saturday in the parking lot of Carmans Plaza on Carmans Road in Massapequa.
Police said the child's 37-year-old father came back to the scene and couldn't remember where he had left the girl.
Authorities said he was observed in a delusional state, and had an accelerated heart rate.
He was admitted to the hospital, and is facing a charge of endangering the welfare of a child.
The girl was evaluated at the hospital and released to her mother.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, massapequa, child endangerment, long island news
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City
- Accident involving fire truck at accident-prone corner
- Suspected robbery ends with car chase
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- The return of the Green Card Scammer
- Rangers lose 2-1 to Bruins, now 0-3 in series
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos