Long Island News
Man accused of leaving 2-year old alone in parking lot
MASSAPEQUA, L.I. -- Authorities say a Long Island man who had taken prescription medication left his 2-year-old daughter in the parking lot of a shopping center for more than an hour.
An off-duty New York City police officer saw the child alone around 10:20 a.m. Saturday in the parking lot of Carmans Plaza on Carmans Road in Massapequa.
Police said the child's 37-year-old father came back to the scene and couldn't remember where he had left the girl.
Authorities said he was observed in a delusional state, and had an accelerated heart rate.
He was admitted to the hospital, and is facing a charge of endangering the welfare of a child.
The girl was evaluated at the hospital and released to her mother.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, massapequa, child endangerment, long island news
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing 56 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos