Long Island News
Man accused of stealing cross from Inwood church
INWOOD (WABC) -- A Long Island man is accused of stealing a gold cross from a church in Inwood.
Police say 33-year-old David Campbell took the gold cross and chain that was attached to a statue at Our Lady of Good Council Church around 11 a.m. Friday.
He was arrested after someone told police they saw him wearing the chain and cross Sunday on the street.
Campbell is charged with grand larceny.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, inwood, theft, long island news
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze being laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Arrests in counterfeit health and beauty products case 20 min ago
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Orange County school evacuated after ceiling collapse
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos