Long Island News
Teacher plans to sue over 1st grader's 'rampage'
BAYSHORE (WABC) -- John Webster, 27, says he couldn't control his 6 year old student during a rampage that left him seriously injured.
Despite the fact that he's 220 pounds, He says the 50 pound 1st grader fractured his ankle, injured his knee and forced him to go to a psychiatrist.
Webster works as a gym teacher at P.S. 330 in Elmhurst, Queens. He claims Rodrigo Carpio not only kicked him, but also the school's principal, a security officer and another teacher during a rampage last April.
Now Webster plans to sue the city, explaining that he must now wear a right ankle and knee brace.
Webster, a former college football player. says his doctor told him not to work for several months because of his physical and emotional state, but a Department of Education doctor told him to go back last month.
Rodrigo is back at school. His dad, Jorge Carpio, says the lawsuit is all about money plain and simple.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, bay shore, long island news, carolina leid
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park 5 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son 10 min ago
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists to protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32