Long Island News
1 dead in fiery crash on Long Island Expressway
MELVILLE (WABC) -- One person was killed early Monday when a car went off the Long Island Expressway in Melville and burst into flames.
The car crashed on the eastbound roadway near Exit 49 just after 3 a.m.
Eastbound lanes were closed between Exit 49 and 51 through the early morning hours.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, melville, long island expressway, accident, long island news
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos