Long Island News
How did a dog know his owner was in the hospital?
BAYSHORE (WABC) -- How could a dog possibly have known that his owner was in the hospital?
That is a question that John and Priscilla Dolan are trying to answer with so much buzz about their dog, Zander.
Zander is a husky that the Dolans rescued from a shelter, and he loves to run. No one ever expected him to run to the hospital. However, that is exactly what the 70-pound dog did last Thursday.
Zander slipped out a back door at the family home in Bay Shore, and before dawn, he started running.
John was in a hospital bed at Islip's Good Samaritan Medical Center when he got a call from a stranger, saying that they had his dog and he had to come and get him.
The caller was across the street from the hospital, and he grabbed John's number off the tag and called him.
"The dog was really there looking for him," said Priscilla Dolan.
No one really knows how the dog made it there, because had never been to the hospital before.
Maybe it is just as we have suspected for centuries - that a dog is man's best friend.
John Dolan agrees.
"We're buddies," he said. "He came to see me!"
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, bay shore, islip, dog, dogs, long island news, jeff pegues
- Mike Woodson out as head coach of Knicks
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security 35 min ago
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos