Long Island News
How did a dog know his owner was in the hospital?
BAYSHORE (WABC) -- How could a dog possibly have known that his owner was in the hospital?
That is a question that John and Priscilla Dolan are trying to answer with so much buzz about their dog, Zander.
Zander is a husky that the Dolans rescued from a shelter, and he loves to run. No one ever expected him to run to the hospital. However, that is exactly what the 70-pound dog did last Thursday.
Zander slipped out a back door at the family home in Bay Shore, and before dawn, he started running.
John was in a hospital bed at Islip's Good Samaritan Medical Center when he got a call from a stranger, saying that they had his dog and he had to come and get him.
The caller was across the street from the hospital, and he grabbed John's number off the tag and called him.
"The dog was really there looking for him," said Priscilla Dolan.
No one really knows how the dog made it there, because had never been to the hospital before.
Maybe it is just as we have suspected for centuries - that a dog is man's best friend.
John Dolan agrees.
"We're buddies," he said. "He came to see me!"
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, bay shore, islip, dog, dogs, long island news, jeff pegues
- AccuWeather Alert: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy 32 min ago
- Threat prompts lockdown at Saddle Brook schools 13 min ago
- UK: London terror attack suspects had been probed
- West Point soldier charged with videotaping women
- Truck driver helps catch hit-and-run suspect in Queens
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday 16 min ago
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured 53 min ago
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Photos: Accuweather forecast in pictures
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem...
16 min ago