Long Island News
2 arrested for allegedly installing skimming device
LYNBROOK (WABC) -- Two men on Long Island are under arrest, accused of trying to steal people's bank information.
Police say 36-year-old Dorel Sabo and 40-year-old Dan Rus were seen installing a skimming device on an HSBC ATM in just before 1:20 p.m. Sunday in Lynbrook.
Skimming devices are used to gain personal information from ATMs.
The men are being charged with criminal possession of forgery devices.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, long island news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
40 min ago