Long Island News
Police sent to Lohan's Merrick home after dispute
MINEOLA, NY -- Police were called to Lindsay Lohan's childhood home in suburban New York after a report of a fight between the troubled actress and her mother.
It was the third run-in involving the actress and New York police officers in the past several weeks.
Nassau County Police Insp. Kenneth Lack said officers were called around 8 a.m. Wednesday to the Merrick, Long Island, home where the 26-year-old starlet grew up. Her mother Dina lives in the home with some of her other children.
An investigation revealed "no criminality," according to Lack. Police did not release details on the subject of the argument.
Celebrity website TMZ first reported the dispute.
Lohan publicist Steve Honig declined to comment.
She was involved in a New York City police investigation about two weeks ago. She alleged a man had assaulted her in a New York hotel, but charges against the man were later dropped.
In mid-September, she was accused of clipping a pedestrian with her car outside a nightclub and driving away. She was given a ticket and was scheduled to appear in court Oct. 23.
Honig said previously he expects those allegations to be proven false.
The actress was also involved in a car accident in California this summer that sent her and an assistant to a hospital, but didn't result in serious injuries for anyone. The accident remains under investigation.
In May, she was cleared of allegations that she struck a Hollywood nightclub manager with her car.
Lohan remains on informal probation for taking a necklace from a jewelry store without permission last year. That means she doesn't have to check in with a judge or probation officer but could face a jail term if arrested again.
Lohan recently filmed "The Canyons," an indie film written by "Less Than Zero" and "American Psycho" author Bret Easton Ellis.
Dina Lohan made tabloid headlines of her own last month when she appeared on the "Dr. Phil" television show and appeared incoherent at times.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, lindsay lohan, merrick, nassau county, long island news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Connecticut, NTSB officials to tour train crash site
- Man fatally shot in head in West Village 36 min ago
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Cops investigating after Hofstra student killed 20 min ago
- Body found in woods ID'd as missing student Alyssiah Wiley 14 min ago
- Stunning video catches Oregon pot robbery 21 min ago
- Video: Aimee Copeland gets prosthetic hands 56 min ago
- Video: Marine, dog reunited in surprise ceremony
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut 43 min ago
- Stunning video catches Oregon pot robbery
21 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos