Long Island News
Police sent to Lohan's Merrick home after dispute
MINEOLA, NY -- Police were called to Lindsay Lohan's childhood home in suburban New York after a report of a fight between the troubled actress and her mother.
It was the third run-in involving the actress and New York police officers in the past several weeks.
Nassau County Police Insp. Kenneth Lack said officers were called around 8 a.m. Wednesday to the Merrick, Long Island, home where the 26-year-old starlet grew up. Her mother Dina lives in the home with some of her other children.
An investigation revealed "no criminality," according to Lack. Police did not release details on the subject of the argument.
Celebrity website TMZ first reported the dispute.
Lohan publicist Steve Honig declined to comment.
She was involved in a New York City police investigation about two weeks ago. She alleged a man had assaulted her in a New York hotel, but charges against the man were later dropped.
In mid-September, she was accused of clipping a pedestrian with her car outside a nightclub and driving away. She was given a ticket and was scheduled to appear in court Oct. 23.
Honig said previously he expects those allegations to be proven false.
The actress was also involved in a car accident in California this summer that sent her and an assistant to a hospital, but didn't result in serious injuries for anyone. The accident remains under investigation.
In May, she was cleared of allegations that she struck a Hollywood nightclub manager with her car.
Lohan remains on informal probation for taking a necklace from a jewelry store without permission last year. That means she doesn't have to check in with a judge or probation officer but could face a jail term if arrested again.
Lohan recently filmed "The Canyons," an indie film written by "Less Than Zero" and "American Psycho" author Bret Easton Ellis.
Dina Lohan made tabloid headlines of her own last month when she appeared on the "Dr. Phil" television show and appeared incoherent at times.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, lindsay lohan, merrick, nassau county, long island news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials 22 min ago
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
35 min ago