Long Island News
Funeral held in Southern State Pkwy crash
MALVERNE (WABC) -- A funeral was held Wednesday for one of the victims in the horrific Southern State Parkway crash.
The mother of Christopher Kahn was inconsolable.
She nearly fainted at her sons funeral today
The pain was just too much.
Eyewitness News was the only tv station allowed inside Kahn's funeral, there to capture the profound heartache
Outside Kahn's relatives were having a hard time letting go, touching the hearse where inside lied Kahn's casket.
The four teenage boys were all from Queens and all close friends.
It's unclear what they were doing with their other friend and the driver of the car 17 year old Joseph Beer.
Police say Beer lost control of the car and it flew into several trees.
Beer was released from the hospital sometime last night.
Nassau county District Attorney Kathleen Rice said it's unclear at this point if charges will be filed against him.
"We are awaiting test results to see if drugs or alcohol played a role in the crash," she said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, accident, malverne, long island news
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents 11 min ago
- Guinness drops St. Pat's Day parade sponsorship
- AccuWeather: Snow for some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head 22 min ago
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Russian media warns of turning US into 'radioactive dust'
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon