Long Island News
Funeral held in Southern State Pkwy crash
MALVERNE (WABC) -- A funeral was held Wednesday for one of the victims in the horrific Southern State Parkway crash.
The mother of Christopher Kahn was inconsolable.
She nearly fainted at her sons funeral today
The pain was just too much.
Eyewitness News was the only tv station allowed inside Kahn's funeral, there to capture the profound heartache
Outside Kahn's relatives were having a hard time letting go, touching the hearse where inside lied Kahn's casket.
The four teenage boys were all from Queens and all close friends.
It's unclear what they were doing with their other friend and the driver of the car 17 year old Joseph Beer.
Police say Beer lost control of the car and it flew into several trees.
Beer was released from the hospital sometime last night.
Nassau county District Attorney Kathleen Rice said it's unclear at this point if charges will be filed against him.
"We are awaiting test results to see if drugs or alcohol played a role in the crash," she said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, accident, malverne, long island news
- Gunman dead in shooting at Colorado high school 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Winter storm Saturday 45 min ago
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- New York City issues snow alert 39 min ago
- Man in custody after incident at Chelsea school 26 min ago
- Baruch College student died from head injuries, coroner says
- Police searching for missing Rider U student
- Newtown victims to be remembered Saturday
- Photos: Photos of the Newtown school shooting victims
- Kansas man arrested in car bomb plot at airport 31 min ago
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email 31 min ago
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books
- AccuWeather: Winter storm Saturday
45 min ago