Long Island News
Funeral held in Southern State Pkwy crash
MALVERNE (WABC) -- A funeral was held Wednesday for one of the victims in the horrific Southern State Parkway crash.
The mother of Christopher Kahn was inconsolable.
She nearly fainted at her sons funeral today
The pain was just too much.
Eyewitness News was the only tv station allowed inside Kahn's funeral, there to capture the profound heartache
Outside Kahn's relatives were having a hard time letting go, touching the hearse where inside lied Kahn's casket.
The four teenage boys were all from Queens and all close friends.
It's unclear what they were doing with their other friend and the driver of the car 17 year old Joseph Beer.
Police say Beer lost control of the car and it flew into several trees.
Beer was released from the hospital sometime last night.
Nassau county District Attorney Kathleen Rice said it's unclear at this point if charges will be filed against him.
"We are awaiting test results to see if drugs or alcohol played a role in the crash," she said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, accident, malverne, long island news
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing 19 min ago
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday