Long Island News
Funeral held in Southern State Pkwy crash
MALVERNE (WABC) -- A funeral was held Wednesday for one of the victims in the horrific Southern State Parkway crash.
The mother of Christopher Kahn was inconsolable.
She nearly fainted at her sons funeral today
The pain was just too much.
Eyewitness News was the only tv station allowed inside Kahn's funeral, there to capture the profound heartache
Outside Kahn's relatives were having a hard time letting go, touching the hearse where inside lied Kahn's casket.
The four teenage boys were all from Queens and all close friends.
It's unclear what they were doing with their other friend and the driver of the car 17 year old Joseph Beer.
Police say Beer lost control of the car and it flew into several trees.
Beer was released from the hospital sometime last night.
Nassau county District Attorney Kathleen Rice said it's unclear at this point if charges will be filed against him.
"We are awaiting test results to see if drugs or alcohol played a role in the crash," she said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, accident, malverne, long island news
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos