Long Island News
Funeral held in Southern State Pkwy crash
MALVERNE (WABC) -- A funeral was held Wednesday for one of the victims in the horrific Southern State Parkway crash.
The mother of Christopher Kahn was inconsolable.
She nearly fainted at her sons funeral today
The pain was just too much.
Eyewitness News was the only tv station allowed inside Kahn's funeral, there to capture the profound heartache
Outside Kahn's relatives were having a hard time letting go, touching the hearse where inside lied Kahn's casket.
The four teenage boys were all from Queens and all close friends.
It's unclear what they were doing with their other friend and the driver of the car 17 year old Joseph Beer.
Police say Beer lost control of the car and it flew into several trees.
Beer was released from the hospital sometime last night.
Nassau county District Attorney Kathleen Rice said it's unclear at this point if charges will be filed against him.
"We are awaiting test results to see if drugs or alcohol played a role in the crash," she said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, accident, malverne, long island news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park