Long Island News
Long Island minibus driver charged with DWI
RONKONKOMA (WABC) -- A minibus driver on Long Island is under arrest accused of DWI.
Police in Ronkonkoma pulled over 48-year-old Robert Stundis after they say he was driving with one tire missing.
Sheriffs arrested Stundis after the traffic stop and giving of sobriety tests. The blood alcohol level was .23.
No children were on the bus at the time of the arrest but police say the suspect told them he had dropped of children earlier.
An open bottle of vodka was recovered on the bus.
Sheriff Vincent F. DeMarco stated, "When we entrust our children to the care of others, we expect more; Mr. Stundis will be held accountable for violating that trust".
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, long island news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up 53 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: 'Amazing' no one died in train crash
- Police say fatal Greenwich Village shooting a hate crime 32 min ago
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Video: Marine, dog reunited in surprise ceremony
- Oxbow wins the Preakness Stakes 49 min ago
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
53 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos