Long Island News
Long Island minibus driver charged with DWI
RONKONKOMA (WABC) -- A minibus driver on Long Island is under arrest accused of DWI.
Police in Ronkonkoma pulled over 48-year-old Robert Stundis after they say he was driving with one tire missing.
Sheriffs arrested Stundis after the traffic stop and giving of sobriety tests. The blood alcohol level was .23.
No children were on the bus at the time of the arrest but police say the suspect told them he had dropped of children earlier.
An open bottle of vodka was recovered on the bus.
Sheriff Vincent F. DeMarco stated, "When we entrust our children to the care of others, we expect more; Mr. Stundis will be held accountable for violating that trust".
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, long island news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos