Long Island News
Nassau County police car flips over on Long Island
SYOSSET, N.Y. (WABC) -- A police car overturned while entering the Long Island Expressway Monday night.
It happened at Exit 43 in Syosset around 9 p.m.
There was one officer inside the vehicle at the time. He suffered minor neck and back injuries.
The Nassau County Police officer was transported to an area hospital, where he is expected to be okay.
Police are investigating if the weather was a factor in the crash.
Police say the officer was not responding to a call at the time of the accident.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, nassau county, syosset, accident, police officer injured, long island news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash