Long Island News
Nassau County police car flips over on Long Island
SYOSSET, N.Y. (WABC) -- A police car overturned while entering the Long Island Expressway Monday night.
It happened at Exit 43 in Syosset around 9 p.m.
There was one officer inside the vehicle at the time. He suffered minor neck and back injuries.
The Nassau County Police officer was transported to an area hospital, where he is expected to be okay.
Police are investigating if the weather was a factor in the crash.
Police say the officer was not responding to a call at the time of the accident.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, nassau county, syosset, accident, police officer injured, long island news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- abcnews: Man Shot by FBI Was About to Sign Murder...
- OTRC: 'Man of Steel' trailer, with General Zod
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos