Long Island News
Nassau County police car flips over on Long Island
SYOSSET, N.Y. (WABC) -- A police car overturned while entering the Long Island Expressway Monday night.
It happened at Exit 43 in Syosset around 9 p.m.
There was one officer inside the vehicle at the time. He suffered minor neck and back injuries.
The Nassau County Police officer was transported to an area hospital, where he is expected to be okay.
Police are investigating if the weather was a factor in the crash.
Police say the officer was not responding to a call at the time of the accident.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, nassau county, syosset, accident, police officer injured, long island news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- Third grader hit and killed by truck, driver charged
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China 59 min ago
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
33 min ago