Long Island News
School administrator charged with child porn possession
PATCHOGUE (WABC) -- A Long Island school district administrator is suspended after being arrested for possession of child pornography.
Federal agents say they traced an internet address advertising three video files for sharing to 51-year-old Kevin O'Connell, who allegedly had videos of young boys.
O'Connell, of Patchogue, reportedly told agents he deleted the files so no one would find them.
O'Connell is an administrator at Roosevelt High School. He was arraigned in U.S. District Court in Central Islip on a charge of receiving child pornography and was released on $700,000 bond.
According to the complaint, O'Connell told agents he battled with the issue his entire life and that he only viewed child pornography within his own home. His lawyer declined to comment.
The former Bellport High School principal faces up to 20 years in prison if convicted.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, patchogue, child porn, long island news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos