Long Island News
School administrator charged with child porn possession
PATCHOGUE (WABC) -- A Long Island school district administrator is suspended after being arrested for possession of child pornography.
Federal agents say they traced an internet address advertising three video files for sharing to 51-year-old Kevin O'Connell, who allegedly had videos of young boys.
O'Connell, of Patchogue, reportedly told agents he deleted the files so no one would find them.
O'Connell is an administrator at Roosevelt High School. He was arraigned in U.S. District Court in Central Islip on a charge of receiving child pornography and was released on $700,000 bond.
According to the complaint, O'Connell told agents he battled with the issue his entire life and that he only viewed child pornography within his own home. His lawyer declined to comment.
The former Bellport High School principal faces up to 20 years in prison if convicted.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, patchogue, child porn, long island news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos