Long Island News
Cops: Drunk woman in crash had kid, grandkids in car
PATCHOGUE (WABC) -- A Long Island mother is in big trouble with the law, charged with driving drunk while her child and grandchildren were in the car.
Suffolk County police say 43-year-old Zona Taylor's car collided with another driver on North Prospect Avenue in Patchogue Saturday night.
After the crash, investigators say Taylor ran off, taking along her own 8-year-old child and her two grandchildren, ages 4 and 6.
Police eventually caught Taylor nearby.
Some of the children had reportedly suffered minor injuries in the crash, as had Taylor's adult passenger and the driver of the other vehicle.
The children were treated and released to a family member.
Taylor is charged with felony DWI under Leandra's Law, leaving the scene of an accident with injury and three counts of endangering the welfare of a child.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, patchogue, drunk driving, leandra's law, long island news
- Jersey City water main break affecting service 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming 39 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults 25 min ago
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral to be held Wednesday
- Video: Queens robber squirts clerk with lighter fluid
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup...
39 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos