Long Island News
Cops: Drunk woman in crash had kid, grandkids in car
PATCHOGUE (WABC) -- A Long Island mother is in big trouble with the law, charged with driving drunk while her child and grandchildren were in the car.
Suffolk County police say 43-year-old Zona Taylor's car collided with another driver on North Prospect Avenue in Patchogue Saturday night.
After the crash, investigators say Taylor ran off, taking along her own 8-year-old child and her two grandchildren, ages 4 and 6.
Police eventually caught Taylor nearby.
Some of the children had reportedly suffered minor injuries in the crash, as had Taylor's adult passenger and the driver of the other vehicle.
The children were treated and released to a family member.
Taylor is charged with felony DWI under Leandra's Law, leaving the scene of an accident with injury and three counts of endangering the welfare of a child.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, patchogue, drunk driving, leandra's law, long island news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act