Long Island News
Slain cop to be laid to rest Saturday; 2nd arrest made
QUEENS (WABC) -- A Nassau County highway patrolman killed in the line of duty on the Cross Island Parkway will be laid to rest Saturday.
On Thursday night, hundreds of grieving officers lined up in Merrick at the wake for 29-year-old Arthur Lopez.
Lopez was shot and killed during a traffic stop in Bellerose earlier this week. Police say that after Darrell Fuller killed the officer, he allegedly murdered an innocent motorist, Raymond Facey, before stealing his car.
Fuller was charged with murder late Thursday morning. An alleged accomplice is also under arrest.
The second suspect was not accused in the killings, but possessed the murder weapon used in the killings, authorities said. Gerald Williams, 27, was held on two weapons possession counts by prosecutors in Queens.
A Nassau County criminal complaint said Fuller used a .09-mm semiautomatic to kill his two victims, and Queens prosecutors said one of the weapons Williams is accused of possessing was a .09-mm handgun.
About 50 police officers, most in uniform, stood in the courtroom and about 50 more filled the hallways during Fuller's initial appearance on Long Island. He did not enter a plea on two counts of first- degree murder, robbery and weapons charges.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, officer killed, nassau county, police officer killed, police officer shot, long island news
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Records: Man in movie theater shooting also was texting 21 min ago
- Man in 'Modern Family' star groping appears in Australia court 30 min ago
- NH woman finds lost cat in pet store 4 years later 6 min ago
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday 3 min ago