Long Island News
Long Island gas station owner accused of gouging
ELMONT (WABC) -- A gas station owner on Long Island is facing fraud charges after an alleged gas gouging incident.
Fouad Elmaria was arrested after his USA Gas Station on Dutch Broadway in Elmont posted an overhead price of $3.83 a gallon. But when motorists filled up, the tag on the pump came in at $4.59.
Elmaria was told to make the proper changes Saturday morning.
When a police officer and supervisor returned several hours later to find the corrections were not made, Elmaria was taken into custody at the scene.
He is charged with first degree defraud and false advertising.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, gas prices, hurricane sandy, elmont, long island news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus 5 min ago
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span 5 min ago
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Boston rice cooker suspect sent to psych hospital 25 min ago
- Boston rice cooker suspect sent to psych...
25 min ago