Long Island News
Long Island gas station owner accused of gouging
ELMONT (WABC) -- A gas station owner on Long Island is facing fraud charges after an alleged gas gouging incident.
Fouad Elmaria was arrested after his USA Gas Station on Dutch Broadway in Elmont posted an overhead price of $3.83 a gallon. But when motorists filled up, the tag on the pump came in at $4.59.
Elmaria was told to make the proper changes Saturday morning.
When a police officer and supervisor returned several hours later to find the corrections were not made, Elmaria was taken into custody at the scene.
He is charged with first degree defraud and false advertising.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, gas prices, hurricane sandy, elmont, long island news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent 28 min ago
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx 21 min ago
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act