Long Island News
Tree trimmer killed cleaning up Sandy damage
NISSEQUOGUE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A South Carolina tree trimmer was struck by a tree and killed in Nissequogue.
David Freberg was working for Patriot Tree Service, a company based out of South Carolina, when he was struck in the head by a broken tree limb on November 12 at 12:17 p.m.
He was attempting to trim a fallen tree that was damaged during Hurricane Sandy.
Freberg, 36, of York, South Carolina, was transported by Saint James Ambulance to Stony Brook Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, accidental death, hurricane sandy, long island news
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral to be held Wednesday
- Video: Queens robber squirts clerk with lighter fluid
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos