Long Island News
Police say reckless Long Island driver had baby in car
SOUTHAMPTON, L.I. -- Police on Long Island say a 22-year-old man with his infant son in his car drove recklessly and rammed his car into a police car when officers tried to arrest him.
The incident happened Friday in Southampton.
Police say they tried to stop a car that was speeding through residential areas and passing stop signs without stopping.
Southampton town police say they followed the driver and he stopped, put his car in reverse and rammed the front of the police car. They say the driver fled on foot but was eventually arrested. Police found a 3-month-old baby in the back seat of the car.
Tyshawn Riddick was arrested on numerous charges including reckless endangerment and driving while intoxicated with a child.
Information on an attorney was not available.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, child endangerment, dwi, dwi with child, long island news
- At least 3 dead, 69 hurt in East Harlem explosion
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two East Harlem explosion victims identified
- Survivors describe explosion in East Harlem
- Dozens homeless after East Harlem buildings destroyed
- Video: 2 men describe pulling child out of rubble
- Investigators focus on an old cast-iron gas pipeline
- Video: East Harlem Explosion on social media
- Video: Damage throughout neighborhood after East...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- Metro-North service restored after East Harlem explosion
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape