Long Island News
Police say reckless Long Island driver had baby in car
SOUTHAMPTON, L.I. -- Police on Long Island say a 22-year-old man with his infant son in his car drove recklessly and rammed his car into a police car when officers tried to arrest him.
The incident happened Friday in Southampton.
Police say they tried to stop a car that was speeding through residential areas and passing stop signs without stopping.
Southampton town police say they followed the driver and he stopped, put his car in reverse and rammed the front of the police car. They say the driver fled on foot but was eventually arrested. Police found a 3-month-old baby in the back seat of the car.
Tyshawn Riddick was arrested on numerous charges including reckless endangerment and driving while intoxicated with a child.
Information on an attorney was not available.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, child endangerment, dwi, dwi with child, long island news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
16 min ago