Long Island News
Pedestrian killed by van on Long Island
WEST HEMPSTEAD, New York (WABC) -- Police on New York's Long Island are investigating an accident that killed a 22-year-old pedestrian.
Nassau County police detectives report 22-year-old Johnny Bonilla of West Hempstead was struck by a taxi driver in a Dodge Caravan shortly after 2 a.m. on Thanksgiving Day in West Hempstead.
Detectives say the driver was heading north on Hempstead Avenue and Bonilla was walking in the road. Bonilla was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Authorities say the driver's breathalyzer test was negative, and there is no evidence of criminal conduct. The vehicle was impounded for brake and safety checks.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, long island news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 56 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
56 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos