Long Island News
Hunt on for suspect in road rage machete attack
ROOSEVELT (WABC) -- Nassau County police are searching for a man wanted in a road rage machete attack Tuesday.
The incident began just before 9 a.m. Monday in Roosevelt.
Police say the 25-year-old victim was operating his vehicle southbound on West Greenwich Avenue when he was cut off by an unknown male Hispanic driving a black Nissan Sentra.
Accurding to authorities, both drivers exited their vehicles and an altercation ensued. The suspect allegedly displayed a machete and struck the victim in the right wrist.
The victim drove himself to an area hospital, where he was treated for severed tendons.
The suspect fled the scene in his car. He is described as approximately 5-foot-5 with a heavy build, and he was last seen wearing a dark wool hat and hooded sweatshirt.
Detectives request anyone with information regarding this crime to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, road rage, roosevelt, long island news
- Weather puts damper on Coney Island businesses
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Arrest made in Charles Butler case
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire
- Residents protest bike sharing program
- Bruins eliminate Rangers with 3-1 win in Game 5
- Bethpage Air Show on for Sunday
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Kickoff to a Long Island Summer photos