Long Island News
8 arrested, accused of trying to scam Sandy victims
EAST MEADOW (WABC) -- Eight men from Maine are charged with trying to victimize Long Island homeowners who were already victims of Hurricane Sandy.
Three of the men were arrested after police spotted them trying to get money from a confused elderly woman at a bank in East Meadow.
The three were charged with soliciting for home improvement work without a license.
The five others were charged with working without a permit.
They are identified:
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, east meadow, hurricane sandy, long island news
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect 47 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
9 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos