Long Island News
8 arrested, accused of trying to scam Sandy victims
EAST MEADOW (WABC) -- Eight men from Maine are charged with trying to victimize Long Island homeowners who were already victims of Hurricane Sandy.
Three of the men were arrested after police spotted them trying to get money from a confused elderly woman at a bank in East Meadow.
The three were charged with soliciting for home improvement work without a license.
The five others were charged with working without a permit.
They are identified:
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, east meadow, hurricane sandy, long island news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap 59 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos