Long Island News
Police: Man shoots girlfriend over text argument
WILLISTON PARK (WABC) -- Police have arrested a Long Island man they say shot his girlfriend in the back following an argument over text message.
Jared Gurman, 26, of Williston Park, is charged with attempted murder.
Police say Gurman was having an on going text argument with his 26-year-old girlfriend, who went to his house to discuss the messages.
When she arrived, authorities say she found Gurman in front of his house with a semi-automatic rifle in his hand.
Police say she tried to calm the situation and started to walk inside the home when Gurman shot her once in the back.
He then drove the victim to North Shore/Long Island Jewish Medical Center in New Hyde Park, where he was later arrested.
The victim is listed in stable condition.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, shooting, attempted murder, long island news
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly found
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins 50 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 19 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
19 min ago