Long Island News
Police: Man shoots girlfriend over text argument
WILLISTON PARK (WABC) -- Police have arrested a Long Island man they say shot his girlfriend in the back following an argument over text message.
Jared Gurman, 26, of Williston Park, is charged with attempted murder.
Police say Gurman was having an on going text argument with his 26-year-old girlfriend, who went to his house to discuss the messages.
When she arrived, authorities say she found Gurman in front of his house with a semi-automatic rifle in his hand.
Police say she tried to calm the situation and started to walk inside the home when Gurman shot her once in the back.
He then drove the victim to North Shore/Long Island Jewish Medical Center in New Hyde Park, where he was later arrested.
The victim is listed in stable condition.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, shooting, attempted murder, long island news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen