Long Island News
Police: Man shoots girlfriend over text argument
WILLISTON PARK (WABC) -- Police have arrested a Long Island man they say shot his girlfriend in the back following an argument over text message.
Jared Gurman, 26, of Williston Park, is charged with attempted murder.
Police say Gurman was having an on going text argument with his 26-year-old girlfriend, who went to his house to discuss the messages.
When she arrived, authorities say she found Gurman in front of his house with a semi-automatic rifle in his hand.
Police say she tried to calm the situation and started to walk inside the home when Gurman shot her once in the back.
He then drove the victim to North Shore/Long Island Jewish Medical Center in New Hyde Park, where he was later arrested.
The victim is listed in stable condition.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, shooting, attempted murder, long island news
- At least 8 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village 32 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens trench
- One of US FBI's 10 most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- New York City redesigns flood map in Sandy's wake
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth 1 min ago
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- JFK terminal among endangered historic sites
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
- Photos: Bear the police dog 3 min ago