Long Island News
Police: Man shoots girlfriend over text argument
WILLISTON PARK (WABC) -- Police have arrested a Long Island man they say shot his girlfriend in the back following an argument over text message.
Jared Gurman, 26, of Williston Park, is charged with attempted murder.
Police say Gurman was having an on going text argument with his 26-year-old girlfriend, who went to his house to discuss the messages.
When she arrived, authorities say she found Gurman in front of his house with a semi-automatic rifle in his hand.
Police say she tried to calm the situation and started to walk inside the home when Gurman shot her once in the back.
He then drove the victim to North Shore/Long Island Jewish Medical Center in New Hyde Park, where he was later arrested.
The victim is listed in stable condition.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, shooting, attempted murder, long island news
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade