Long Island News
Police: Man shot girlfriend in row over TV show
WILLISTON PARK, N.Y. -- Police say an argument over the TV show "The Walking Dead" led a man to shoot his girlfriend in the back.
Police say Gurman fired one shot from a .22 caliber rifle. Officers say the bullet pierced the unidentified woman's lung and diaphragm and shattered her ribs.
Gurman took her to a hospital.
Police said the two were arguing about the show that features zombies in a post-apocalyptic world.
Gurman's attorney said the rifle went off accidentally.
The attorney, Edward L. Lieberman, declined to comment about specifics of the argument.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, shooting, long island news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97