Long Island News
MTA truck slams into house in Bay Shore
BAY SHORE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police on Long Island have arrested a man for driving while intoxicated after he allegedly caused another vehicle to crash into a home in Bay Shore.
Police say Trijidio Valle was driving a Dodge van Saturday night when he crossed over into an oncoming lane of traffic and struck an MTA work truck heading west on Pineaire Drive.
The MTA truck then struck a house on Pine Aire Drive near the Brentwood Long Island Railroad station.
The house was knocked off its foundation and suffered extensive damage.
The truck driver and one resident in the home suffered minor injuries in the crash.
Police say Valle initially fled the scene on foot, but was found a short distance away near Jackson Street.
He is charged with Driving While Intoxicated, Leaving the Scene of an Accident, and Unlicensed Operation of a Vehicle.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, brentwood, accident, dwi, bay shore, long island news
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute 24 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Funeral for one of victims of Metro-North derailment
- LI man with 12 drunken driving convictions sentenced
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Wintry blast moves through much of country, heads East
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary 51 min ago
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary 52 min ago