Long Island News
MTA truck slams into house in Bay Shore
BAY SHORE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police on Long Island have arrested a man for driving while intoxicated after he allegedly caused another vehicle to crash into a home in Bay Shore.
Police say Trijidio Valle was driving a Dodge van Saturday night when he crossed over into an oncoming lane of traffic and struck an MTA work truck heading west on Pineaire Drive.
The MTA truck then struck a house on Pine Aire Drive near the Brentwood Long Island Railroad station.
The house was knocked off its foundation and suffered extensive damage.
The truck driver and one resident in the home suffered minor injuries in the crash.
Police say Valle initially fled the scene on foot, but was found a short distance away near Jackson Street.
He is charged with Driving While Intoxicated, Leaving the Scene of an Accident, and Unlicensed Operation of a Vehicle.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, brentwood, accident, dwi, bay shore, long island news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 50 min ago
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- 3-year-old boy gets stuck in Nebraska claw machine 45 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos