Long Island News
MTA truck slams into house in Bay Shore
BAY SHORE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police on Long Island have arrested a man for driving while intoxicated after he allegedly caused another vehicle to crash into a home in Bay Shore.
Police say Trijidio Valle was driving a Dodge van Saturday night when he crossed over into an oncoming lane of traffic and struck an MTA work truck heading west on Pineaire Drive.
The MTA truck then struck a house on Pine Aire Drive near the Brentwood Long Island Railroad station.
The house was knocked off its foundation and suffered extensive damage.
The truck driver and one resident in the home suffered minor injuries in the crash.
Police say Valle initially fled the scene on foot, but was found a short distance away near Jackson Street.
He is charged with Driving While Intoxicated, Leaving the Scene of an Accident, and Unlicensed Operation of a Vehicle.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, brentwood, accident, dwi, bay shore, long island news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds 24 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas station
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn.
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
24 min ago