Long Island News
MTA truck slams into house in Bay Shore
BAY SHORE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police on Long Island have arrested a man for driving while intoxicated after he allegedly caused another vehicle to crash into a home in Bay Shore.
Police say Trijidio Valle was driving a Dodge van Saturday night when he crossed over into an oncoming lane of traffic and struck an MTA work truck heading west on Pineaire Drive.
The MTA truck then struck a house on Pine Aire Drive near the Brentwood Long Island Railroad station.
The house was knocked off its foundation and suffered extensive damage.
The truck driver and one resident in the home suffered minor injuries in the crash.
Police say Valle initially fled the scene on foot, but was found a short distance away near Jackson Street.
He is charged with Driving While Intoxicated, Leaving the Scene of an Accident, and Unlicensed Operation of a Vehicle.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, brentwood, accident, dwi, bay shore, long island news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- President Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy 27 min ago
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow 56 min ago
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform
- Port Authority relocating owls that are threat to planes 36 min ago
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide