Long Island News
Long Island soldier killed in Afghanistan
BALDWIN, N.Y. -- A U.S. Army soldier from Long Island has died in Afghanistan.
Newsday reported (http://bit.ly/U2Buvp) Sunday that the Department of Defense said Sgt. 1st Class Kevin E. Lipari, of Baldwin, lost his life Friday while serving in Logar province.
The 39-year-old was assigned to the 173rd Airborne Brigade Combat Team, based in Bamberg, Germany.
Defense officials did not immediately provide any details about Lipari's death, which is under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, baldwin, afghanistan war, long island news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Connecticut, NTSB officials to tour train crash site
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Cops investigating after Hofstra student killed 48 min ago
- Ramarley Graham's parents to join rally in Harlem 41 min ago
- 5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
- EXCLUSIVE: Hot oil attack speaks out after hospital release
- Bieber will have to pay for German monkey business
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide, at least 60...
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos