Long Island News
Long Island soldier killed in Afghanistan
BALDWIN, N.Y. -- A U.S. Army soldier from Long Island has died in Afghanistan.
Newsday reported (http://bit.ly/U2Buvp) Sunday that the Department of Defense said Sgt. 1st Class Kevin E. Lipari, of Baldwin, lost his life Friday while serving in Logar province.
The 39-year-old was assigned to the 173rd Airborne Brigade Combat Team, based in Bamberg, Germany.
Defense officials did not immediately provide any details about Lipari's death, which is under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, baldwin, afghanistan war, long island news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 34 min ago
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat 32 min ago
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon 25 min ago
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- Secret Service investigating Target data...
34 min ago
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
34 min ago
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian...
32 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos