Long Island News
Man allegedly flashes, points gun in road rage incident
FARMINGVILLE (WABC) -- Suffolk County Police arrested a man for displaying what appeared to be a gun at another motorist in Farmingville on Christmas day.
Police received a 911 call just before noon from a motorist claiming another motorist flashed what appeared to be a handgun and pointed it at him after a traffic dispute on southbound Nicolls Road, near the north service road of the Long Island Expressway.
An officer contacted the victim to get a description of the vehicle and suspect. The descriptions, as well as license plate number, were broadcast over police radio and led to an address in Northport.
A Northport Village police officer stopped a vehicle that fit the description and detained the suspect, Brian Deuchar D'Angelis, who was brought to the scene and identified as the suspect. The Volkswagen was impounded for evidence, and an imitation pistol was recovered by police.
D'Angelis, 36, is charged with second-degree menacing and fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, northport, farmingville, long island news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield 41 min ago
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Up Close with Diana Williams