Long Island News
Man allegedly flashes, points gun in road rage incident
FARMINGVILLE (WABC) -- Suffolk County Police arrested a man for displaying what appeared to be a gun at another motorist in Farmingville on Christmas day.
Police received a 911 call just before noon from a motorist claiming another motorist flashed what appeared to be a handgun and pointed it at him after a traffic dispute on southbound Nicolls Road, near the north service road of the Long Island Expressway.
An officer contacted the victim to get a description of the vehicle and suspect. The descriptions, as well as license plate number, were broadcast over police radio and led to an address in Northport.
A Northport Village police officer stopped a vehicle that fit the description and detained the suspect, Brian Deuchar D'Angelis, who was brought to the scene and identified as the suspect. The Volkswagen was impounded for evidence, and an imitation pistol was recovered by police.
D'Angelis, 36, is charged with second-degree menacing and fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, northport, farmingville, long island news
- Man shot multiple times in Nassau County 39 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- At least 6 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village 59 min ago
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe 41 min ago
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Strollers recalled due to wheel blowouts , Kolcraft says 31 min ago
- Vince Flynn, best-selling author, dies 42 min ago
- Slim Whitman, country singer, dies
- Photos: East Village bodega crash
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos