Long Island News
Man allegedly flashes, points gun in road rage incident
FARMINGVILLE (WABC) -- Suffolk County Police arrested a man for displaying what appeared to be a gun at another motorist in Farmingville on Christmas day.
Police received a 911 call just before noon from a motorist claiming another motorist flashed what appeared to be a handgun and pointed it at him after a traffic dispute on southbound Nicolls Road, near the north service road of the Long Island Expressway.
An officer contacted the victim to get a description of the vehicle and suspect. The descriptions, as well as license plate number, were broadcast over police radio and led to an address in Northport.
A Northport Village police officer stopped a vehicle that fit the description and detained the suspect, Brian Deuchar D'Angelis, who was brought to the scene and identified as the suspect. The Volkswagen was impounded for evidence, and an imitation pistol was recovered by police.
D'Angelis, 36, is charged with second-degree menacing and fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, northport, farmingville, long island news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar 55 min ago
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- 'Fake' interpreter says he was hallucinating at Mandela event
- Baby it's cold outside!
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos