Long Island News
Man allegedly flashes, points gun in road rage incident
FARMINGVILLE (WABC) -- Suffolk County Police arrested a man for displaying what appeared to be a gun at another motorist in Farmingville on Christmas day.
Police received a 911 call just before noon from a motorist claiming another motorist flashed what appeared to be a handgun and pointed it at him after a traffic dispute on southbound Nicolls Road, near the north service road of the Long Island Expressway.
An officer contacted the victim to get a description of the vehicle and suspect. The descriptions, as well as license plate number, were broadcast over police radio and led to an address in Northport.
A Northport Village police officer stopped a vehicle that fit the description and detained the suspect, Brian Deuchar D'Angelis, who was brought to the scene and identified as the suspect. The Volkswagen was impounded for evidence, and an imitation pistol was recovered by police.
D'Angelis, 36, is charged with second-degree menacing and fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, northport, farmingville, long island news
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 23 min ago
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
23 min ago