Long Island News
Long Island teen accused of attempted murder
FREEPORT -- A 17-year-old boy has been arrested on charges he shot and wounded two teenagers on a Long Island street.
Nassau County police say Angel Bermudez of Hempstead was charged with two counts of attempted murder and criminal use of a firearm.
He was to be arraigned Friday. It wasn't immediately clear if he had a lawyer.
Bermudez is accused of firing several shot at two teens, ages 16 and 18, on Wednesday evening. Police say they found the victims lying on South Main Street in Freeport after responding to a 911 call of shots fired.
They were taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, freeport, attempted murder, long island news
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son