Long Island News
Long Island teen accused of attempted murder
FREEPORT -- A 17-year-old boy has been arrested on charges he shot and wounded two teenagers on a Long Island street.
Nassau County police say Angel Bermudez of Hempstead was charged with two counts of attempted murder and criminal use of a firearm.
He was to be arraigned Friday. It wasn't immediately clear if he had a lawyer.
Bermudez is accused of firing several shot at two teens, ages 16 and 18, on Wednesday evening. Police say they found the victims lying on South Main Street in Freeport after responding to a 911 call of shots fired.
They were taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, freeport, attempted murder, long island news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent 54 min ago
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx 47 min ago
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act