Long Island News
New Year's Eve blaze kills North Babylon man, 62
NORTH BABYLON -- Fire investigators on New York's Long Island are looking for the cause of a New Year's Eve house fire that killed a 61-year-old man.
The Suffolk County Police Department says homicide and arson detectives are investigating the fire. It broke out around 10 p.m. Monday on Peacock Lane in North Babylon.
Authorities say a neighbor called 911 to report the fire. Firefighters extinguished the blaze and found the body of the homeowner, Raymond Frank, inside near the front door.
Frank's body has been sent to the medical examiner.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, fire, fire death, long island news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Malaysian Airlines asks for help in hunt for missing plane
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter 27 min ago
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal 41 min ago
- Greenwich Village fatal bus-truck suspect due in court 16 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 33 min ago
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25 41 min ago
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building 12 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos