Long Island News
Sentencing day in deadly Mastic hit and run
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- Friday is sentencing day in a deadly hit and run that happened on Long Island more than a year ago.
Preston Mimms, of Mastic, is expected to receive up to four years in prison as part of a plea deal.
In December, Mimms admitted he hit 24-year-old mother Erika Hughes with his employer's laundry truck as she walked on Mastic Road in July of 2011.
Hughes' family is expected to attend the sentencing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, mastic, hit and run accident, long island news
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello at graduation 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Dreary Night
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro North: Conn. train outage expected for days
- Tornadoes hit Kansas, Oklahoma; no injuries reported
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Man falls out window during Broadway show 34 min ago
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- Bruins top Rangers 5-2
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers