Long Island News
Body of missing Glen Cove man found; 1 arrested
GLEN COVE -- Authorities have arrested a Long Island man on murder charges in the death of a longtime friend reported missing last month.
Edward Brown of Glen Cove was ordered held without bail after pleading not guilty at his Friday arraignment on Long Island. He was represented by a lawyer from Legal Aid, which does not comment on pending cases.
Brown is suspected of killing 56-year-old Nunzio Izzo, also of Glen Cove.
Izzo, who took medication for epilepsy and a heart condition, was last seen Dec. 17. A criminal complaint says that was the day Brown committed the crime.
A prosecutor said 46-year-old Brown killed Izzo during an argument. He stashed the victim in a container under a tarp in a neighbor's yard. The prosecutor said Brown admitted selling the victim's jewelry.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, glen cove, missing person, body found, long island news
- Metro North train collision to affect service all week
- AccuWeather: Humid week ahead, with showers
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Suspect in critical condition after NJ police shooting
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello as probe continues
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
- Rally planned after West Village hate crime murder
- 1 dead, 1 rescued when car ends up in Huntington Harbor
- Winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Florida city anxious to learn Powerball jackpot winner
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers