Long Island News
Body of missing Glen Cove man found; 1 arrested
GLEN COVE -- Authorities have arrested a Long Island man on murder charges in the death of a longtime friend reported missing last month.
Edward Brown of Glen Cove was ordered held without bail after pleading not guilty at his Friday arraignment on Long Island. He was represented by a lawyer from Legal Aid, which does not comment on pending cases.
Brown is suspected of killing 56-year-old Nunzio Izzo, also of Glen Cove.
Izzo, who took medication for epilepsy and a heart condition, was last seen Dec. 17. A criminal complaint says that was the day Brown committed the crime.
A prosecutor said 46-year-old Brown killed Izzo during an argument. He stashed the victim in a container under a tarp in a neighbor's yard. The prosecutor said Brown admitted selling the victim's jewelry.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, glen cove, missing person, body found, long island news
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen