Long Island News
Body of missing Glen Cove man found; 1 arrested
GLEN COVE -- Authorities have arrested a Long Island man on murder charges in the death of a longtime friend reported missing last month.
Edward Brown of Glen Cove was ordered held without bail after pleading not guilty at his Friday arraignment on Long Island. He was represented by a lawyer from Legal Aid, which does not comment on pending cases.
Brown is suspected of killing 56-year-old Nunzio Izzo, also of Glen Cove.
Izzo, who took medication for epilepsy and a heart condition, was last seen Dec. 17. A criminal complaint says that was the day Brown committed the crime.
A prosecutor said 46-year-old Brown killed Izzo during an argument. He stashed the victim in a container under a tarp in a neighbor's yard. The prosecutor said Brown admitted selling the victim's jewelry.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, glen cove, missing person, body found, long island news
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos