Long Island News
Body of missing Glen Cove man found; 1 arrested
GLEN COVE -- Authorities have arrested a Long Island man on murder charges in the death of a longtime friend reported missing last month.
Edward Brown of Glen Cove was ordered held without bail after pleading not guilty at his Friday arraignment on Long Island. He was represented by a lawyer from Legal Aid, which does not comment on pending cases.
Brown is suspected of killing 56-year-old Nunzio Izzo, also of Glen Cove.
Izzo, who took medication for epilepsy and a heart condition, was last seen Dec. 17. A criminal complaint says that was the day Brown committed the crime.
A prosecutor said 46-year-old Brown killed Izzo during an argument. He stashed the victim in a container under a tarp in a neighbor's yard. The prosecutor said Brown admitted selling the victim's jewelry.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, glen cove, missing person, body found, long island news
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins 37 min ago
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident