Long Island News
Long Island man accused of threatening his old high school
BELLMORE, N.Y. -- A man has been arrested after being accused of making a threatening remark about the Long Island high school from which he graduated a decade ago.
Peter Andersen is awaiting arraignment Saturday. No phone number could be found for his Bellmore home. It's not clear whether he has a lawyer.
Nassau County police say the 28-year-old Andersen told someone Dec. 22 that he wanted to shoot everyone at Wellington C. Mepham High School in Bellmore.
Police say the school principal learned about the comment Thursday. Andersen was arrested at his home Friday on a charge of making a terroristic threat.
It's unclear why Andersen was angry at the school or how the principal heard about his alleged remark. The principal hasn't immediately responded to an email message sent Friday night.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, long island news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall