Long Island News
Long Island man accused of threatening his old high school
BELLMORE, N.Y. -- A man has been arrested after being accused of making a threatening remark about the Long Island high school from which he graduated a decade ago.
Peter Andersen is awaiting arraignment Saturday. No phone number could be found for his Bellmore home. It's not clear whether he has a lawyer.
Nassau County police say the 28-year-old Andersen told someone Dec. 22 that he wanted to shoot everyone at Wellington C. Mepham High School in Bellmore.
Police say the school principal learned about the comment Thursday. Andersen was arrested at his home Friday on a charge of making a terroristic threat.
It's unclear why Andersen was angry at the school or how the principal heard about his alleged remark. The principal hasn't immediately responded to an email message sent Friday night.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, long island news
- LIRR train derails in East River tunnel
- AccuWeather Forecast: Spotty Storm
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Victim of attempted robbery falls out window
- Suspect shot and killed in Newark robbery attempt
- Teacher suspended after alleged sending threatening voicemail
- Passenger arrested after incident on Newark-bound flight
- LI 7-Eleven owners accused of human smuggling
- NYC plans composting program to recycle food scraps
- abcnews: Murnaghans Face Backlash After Sarah's Lung...
- Actor Jeff Garlin won't face vandalism charges in LA
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos