Long Island News
Long Island man accused of threatening his old high school
BELLMORE, N.Y. -- A man has been arrested after being accused of making a threatening remark about the Long Island high school from which he graduated a decade ago.
Peter Andersen is awaiting arraignment Saturday. No phone number could be found for his Bellmore home. It's not clear whether he has a lawyer.
Nassau County police say the 28-year-old Andersen told someone Dec. 22 that he wanted to shoot everyone at Wellington C. Mepham High School in Bellmore.
Police say the school principal learned about the comment Thursday. Andersen was arrested at his home Friday on a charge of making a terroristic threat.
It's unclear why Andersen was angry at the school or how the principal heard about his alleged remark. The principal hasn't immediately responded to an email message sent Friday night.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, long island news
- NJ Transit buses delayed 30 minutes 49 min ago
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues 51 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Tree trouble in Dumont
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
51 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos